June 11, 2021 20:32: Travel Update
The travel system has been rebuilt from the ground up. While most of the changes are not readily visible in-game, this change opens for more functionality to be added in the future, in addition to a single new feature already added: When initiating travel and while on a road, you will now be able to set your speed on a sliding scale where you define when you would like to reach the next tile. The maximum speed is your default speed based on dexterity or mount/vehicle, and the minimum speed is 24 hours per tile.
May 30, 2021 18:03: May Patch Notes
- Sprites no longer count towards number of characters alive on the front page.
- Incapable characters now do count towards number of characters alive on the front page.
- Fixed a bug where the question mark image would get deleted if a character had it as their portrait and then switched to a different image.
- Animals attached to vehicles can no longer be set free - they will need to be detached first.
- When a project to attach an animal to a vehicle completes, anyone riding that animal will now automatically be thrown off.
- Mounted characters can no longer copy notes or keys.
- Characters on mounts and in vehicles can no longer steal, tame, collect from, send mail with, remove mail from, or give attention to animals.
- People who are not in the same room as you no longer show up on the dropdown lists for trading and group enlistment.
- Fixed a bug where trying to move a stack of items into the room it's already in caused the stack to disappear.
- Fixed apostrophe bugs when renaming items, when releasing animals to the wild and when they go wild due to neglect, dismantling items, desecrating altars, old age messages, lockpicking, sending telepathic messages, and all other situations where a new project is created.
- Fixed a bug where failing to heal an incapable character while in a vehicle would cause the event to not show up.
- Fixed a bug where lockpicking projects could be joined without having a lockpick in the inventory.
- Fixed a bug where children who were up for adoption would not show up in group rosters.
- Characters can no longer be turned around if they are not on a road.
- Golem corpses no longer cause corpse sickness.
- Characters dying of old age will no longer sustain stat-reducing injuries.
- Events for invisible characters turning around on a road are no longer visible to others.
- It is now possible to drag characters out of buildings and vehicles on mountaintops even if they are not master air mages.
- Fixed the error message when trying to pick up too many containers so that it displays the correct numbers.
- Child characters younger than 14 can no longer pick or force locks, destroy buildings, or lay siege to castles.
- Keyrings no longer ignore weight limits when being placed into other containers.
- Upon session time out, the game should now automatically redirect to the front page properly.
- Keyrings can now be taken from incapable people and mail carriers regardless of container limits.
- Fixed typos in the descriptions of glaciers, ferrets, and shiverstone.
- Fixed a bug where mail could not be sent to towns with 30 or more tamed animals.
- Added a new "any" category of requirements, meaning inventions can now include any combination of components.
- Tools and machines can now have custom names, and vehicles can be given custom names upon creation rather than having to be edited afterwards.
- Altars no longer show the name of the god whose domain it is dedicated too, only whether the domain is vacant or not.
- Added support for multiple z-levels. These are not accessible through normal means yet, but it means opening up for the possibility of caves and underwater content in the future!
- Various quality of life fixes for staff tools.
- Report responses from loremasters are now blue rather than red, and indicate that they are from loremasters and not admin.
- Fixed a bug where custom aesthetic-only diseases would disable the hourly health regeneration.
- Fixed a bug where if you had multiple tools of a given type, all of them would display on the crafting menu.
- Tentative fix for the bug where characters would sometimes be left behind when travelling in a vehicle.
- Fixed a bug where avatars would see everyone else as being avatars rather than everyone else being able to see that they were one.
- Fixed a bug where characters could potentially spawn on other z-levels.
- Fixed a bug where creating a vehicle with a custom name would cause it to disappear upon completion of the project.
- Fixed a bug where demand messages would not disappear if the pregnancy failed.
- Added tags for subdued and incapable characters on the character menu, and added a visible timer for subdued characters in-game.
- Subdued and incapable characters can now access their inventory and the area menu, though with reduced functionality. Only notes and random 6 inventions can be interacted with in their inventory, and only the animal list is available on the area menu -- the only available action being to transfer ownership of owned animals or releasing them to the wild.
- Children under the age of 14 can no longer steal or remove mail from animals.
- Removed ability for characters who are subdued to initiate healing projects (damage, injuries, incap, or poison).
- You will no longer get a vandalism warning message if you try to start a dismantling project while on the road away from a town where vandalism is forbidden.
- Animals attached to a vehicle now display what specific vehicle they are attached to, by number.
- Fixed a bug where it was possible to turn around on a road while subdued or incapable if the page was not refreshed after entering said state.
- Added confirmation buttons for applying for and renouncing citizenship of a town.
- Updated Loremaster tools.
- Gods now show as ageless, rather than the usual age descriptors.
- Fixed a bug where Therians could track invisible characters on neighbouring tiles.
- Fixed the grammar in the list of ingredients taken from the ground when crafting.
- Fixed a bug where certain characters were unable to change the name they had set for certain gods.
- Altars, locks, and windows can now be crafted in towns where there is a workshop that you do not have access to.
- Updated the database version and updated every insert statement in the code to be more robust and correct.
- Wearing a mask no longer makes you completely immune to corpse sickness, but instead reduces your chance of getting infected based on the mask's quality as intended. If you are wearing several masks, the average quality of all masks worn will be used.
Thank you all so much for playing Marosia and for reporting any bugs you may find!
May 27, 2021 16:02: Prayer Update
As you know, we have been working on changing up the gods so they are played by staff only, with an avatar system coming into place which player characters can engage with. Though we have yet to fully flesh out the avatar system, we are now lifting the restrictions we've had on the prayers! From now on you are free to pray to any (and as many) gods that you would like on all of your characters.
Please mind the two-day rule with this change - any currently ongoing events in game that could relate to this will still have to wait to be discussed until they are complete.
May 21, 2021 00:43: Incapability Update
Incapable and subdued characters will now have a label on the character menu to show which state they are in. Subdued characters will have a timer visible in the info text at the top of their in-game screen showing them how many more hours they will remain subdued. Additionally, subdued and incapable characters can now access their inventories and the area menu, with reduced functionality (incapable characters more so than subdued ones). They will also be able to see the map if outside or in a watchtower. Full list of new abilities for incapable and subdued characters:
- Indication on the character selection menu
- Ability to see own inventory and drop items to the ground or take things out of carried containers, as well as editing notes and using random 6 inventions
- Abilityh to see the biomes in one's location as well as the local map, or the description of the room they are in if they are inside
- Ability to see the list of animals in the area, with the ability to hand off owned animals or release them into the wild
All of the above, plus:
- Ability to equip/unequip clothes, weapons, and armour
- Ability to eat carried food
May 11, 2021 22:31: Tool Update
Tools and machines can now have custom names, similarly to other types of items. If a tool or machine has a custom name, the item type will appear in parentheses after the name for ease of recognition. Also, if you have a tool or machine from before this update which you would like to be given a custom name, please send in a report with the following information:
- Where the tool/machine can be found (which character's inventory, which container, what town, etc)
- Which specific tool/machine you are reporting for
- The desired name for the tool/machine