The game date is Year 121 Day 10 Hour 10 with 17/148 players currently online and 472 characters living.
September 20, 2023 16:05: Known Problems with icloud
We are aware of ongoing problems with sign up and password reset emails not being received on icloud email addresses. If this is impacting you, then please try an alternative email address while we work on a more long-term solution. Please join the Discord and message an Admin if you are still having problems.
September 18, 2023 05:26: Travel Update
Travel has had a few updates this lockdown, which are now live in game!
- It is now possible to exit a vehicle or dismount while on the road. You can then enter another vehicle or mount another animal, assuming they are within 15% of you and are unlocked or owned by someone in your group and have space. Exiting a vehicle or dismounting will cause you to walk, potentially reducing your speed. The vehicle or mount will continue travelling at the same pace it was, even if no one else is in/on it, so if you don't want to get left behind, please remember to get back on before it moves away from you!
- It is now possible to stop while on the road, using the new Stop button under travel controls. This can only be done if you are walking. If you are in a group and not the leader, stopping will cause you to leave the group. If you are the leader, stopping will cause everyone else to stop too, unless some of them are in vehicles or on mounts, in which case you will simply get an error message.
- The interface for assigning an heir in groups has been changed, and it is now possible to promote someone else to leader without the original leader having to leave the group.
- It is now possible to invite someone to a group even if they are already in a group. They will get a warning telling them that if they accept the invitation, they will be removed from their original group.
These changes required a lot of old code to be reworked, so even though I've tested it to the best of my ability, please keep an eye out for bugs, especially on the Area menu!
August 14, 2023 02:16: Lockdown News!
New Spawning and Adoption Racial Restrictions
There aren't any anymore!
So we have removed race restrictions when adopting characters and when creating new characters - both tierborn and adults. Yes, this means you can now spawn in more than one character of the same race!
Also updated checks to ensure that you cannot adopt a child when you have a character who is their parent.
- Magic potency is now calculated averaging the mage's skill and the average of ingredient qualities. As it should be!
- Made it so magic potency no longer rounds down, retaining two decimals like smithing - so yay!
- Magic weapon doesn't need you to unequip your regular weapon.
- Attacking with the "Natural Attack" ability now correctly selects the attribute and skill level!
- Incapable characters can no longer get infected with undead disease.
- People are once again able to slow down while on roads when travelling in groups!
- Annnddd the earth mages no longer get stuck as the animal they shifted into!
Extra updates to animal shapeshifting:
- Fixed portrait issues when shifted.
- Allowed unlimited reconfigurations (for images and descriptions).
- Removed cooldown for returning to human form (but have kept a cooldown for after the return to human form).
- Updated to limit shapeshifting to summonable fauna. (Until a better selection criteria can be worked out).
- Removed a set of animals from being summonable that are not naturally in the game.
Report replies sent: 115!!
Issues closed: 146!!
July 11, 2023 01:28: Report Replies Bug - Fixed!
Hello everyone! The bug that had been causing report replies to not be received has been fixed, so you can respond to staff messages like normal! Other bugs are steadily being squashed, but please continue to keep an eye out if you notice anything working a bit strangely. Thank you!
July 10, 2023 07:06: Report Replies Bug
We have discovered a bug with reports and our ability to see your replies. Until this bug has been fixed please refrain from replying to staff messages. As of right now, we have no way to know what your reply was. If you need to, you are free to send in a new report as we will see those, but please inform us what the new report is in response to so that we can connect the new report with the old one.
Thank you, and we are sorry for any inconvenience these recent bugs bring!
The free-to-play collaborative story.
Marosia is a free text based roleplaying game. It is an RPG in a fantasy setting with open world society simulation mechanics.
The player can create a character through instant spawning, or through the family system with a selection of different races.
Once your character steps into the world, what you do is up to you, as the freedom to play whatever sort of character you want allows infinite possibilities.
Experience the excitement of playing out a character's entire life, and living through their moments. Understand the world around you within a text based environment,
where words will sweep you into a new land of imagination and possibility. Feel the pleasures of your character's new discoveries; weapons, armor, tools,
and resources are waiting to be used and created for your character's agendas.
Fall in love, start a family, raise an empire, begin a business, create a religion,
discover treasure, lead a colony, create a government, plan a plot, become a thief, and change the world. It's up to you. The world is full of magic, surprises,
gods, and demons. Where will your character fit within it?